Monday, February 7, 2011

I Loved This Movie When I Was A Kid, Always Hated Cher Though...

I Found This On The Internets And Thought I Would Share It...

When I was a lot younger I would watch this mask movie on a daily basis. I don't know what it was about it, but I loved it. I do know that my love affair with this movie had absolutely nothing to do with Cher being in it. Little did I know at the time, but Cher would play a part in my life later on. When I got a little older I became infatuated with music and would constantly watch MTV (there was a time when MTV played videos by bands that rocked so hard that they could impregnate someone just by the power of their rock, instead of just playing shows about idiots who are already preggers), of course at this time  I was patiently waiting for the new Poison or Mötley Crüe video. One day as I turned on the MTV, wearing my jean jacket vest that my Mom had so lovingly sewed my patches on to, and I am met by the sounds of a woman "singing" while dancing around on a navy ship while being roughly 1/5 of the way clothed. For the first time in my life, I questioned my sexuality. If this "woman" is supposed to "turn me on", something is deeply wrong. On a side note, if MTV played this video now, they would probably have less shows about teen pregnancies. So back to my story... this has to of been the worst thing I have ever seen in my life! It made me want o poke my eyes out! This may also be the moment that MTV "jumped the shark". So yeah, to recap... Cher made me question my sexuality as a youngster, and to this day I shudder every time I hear that stupid fuckin' song, and if I hear Poison or Mötley Crüe, I tense up in fear of what will be next!

No comments:

Post a Comment