Monday, February 21, 2011

V-A-C-A-TION!

So this past week the wife and I took a bit of an escape to the wonderful city of Boyne Mountain, Michigan. It was a fun filled week/weekend that involved winter sport like events. There were also some wacky hi-jinks that occurred whilst we were there, so I thought i would share some of them with everyone...

Along the trip I saw a few signs that caught my attention and I thought I would share them.
First off...

• "Let's get ice cream after you paralyze us".

This was a road sign promoting safe driving and wearing seat belts, still a tad harsh though.

• "Like a cult only with better Kool-Aid"

This was for a restaurant. I thought this was pretty funny. The humor is a little old, but I am still old enough to have heard of Jonestown and their like of grape Kool-aid. I wonder if Jonestown use of Kool-aid made its popularity decline for awhile?

• "Illegal activities will be prosecuted"

Not really an odd sign because you see these everywhere. I did find it odd that it was posted outside of a men's bathroom at a truck stop. I wonder what kind of "illegal" activities are going on in this truck stop bathroom? Wait, no, I don't.

• "Browntown 5 miles"

I just that calling a town "browntown" sounded a bit racist. What do I know though.

• "Homemade pasties"


This was outside of a restaurant that we stopped at. I have been informed that "pasties" are also a kind of pot pie. Whatever. There is also another meaning for "pasties" and that is the one I am going to use. I have also included a picture of that sign.

No comments:

Post a Comment