Thursday, January 20, 2011

Poof! There It Is!

This is a little story about her inability to hear song lyrics correctly. From what I have been told, this is a common happening.

Some examples are as follows...

Spanish Bombs by The Clash. Continually thought to be Spanish "Bums".  I have explained numerous times that it is Spanish "Bombs" but this does not matter.

Stroke Me by Billy Squier. Which is sung around the house all the time as "Strong Man, Strong Man".

Poof, There It Is by Tag Team (I think that is who wrote it). I really didn't know how to respond to this one considering how obvious it is that they are not saying "poof". Of course it does make me think of magicians which then makes me think of Arrested Development (the show, not the band). Maybe Gob should have used that instead of The Final Countdown for his theme song. oh, who am I kidding, The Final Countdown is one of the best/worst songs ever written.

I am sure that there are quite a few more that I am forgetting, as well as many more to come in the future! To pick on myself a little here, when I was but a mere lad, I thought that the Phil Collins song Easy Lover claimed that the women was an "Easy Lama". I would still debate that it is possibly "Easy Lava".

No comments:

Post a Comment